"Web-servers" section is responsible for creating new and administrating existing web-servers as well as for setting some special properties for any directory at server.
Web-server provides connection between domain and directory at server and keeps settings you can set up. In general web server has following settings:
- Root directory - directory at FTP-servers which should be root one for selected web server (web site); server will address this directory while proceeding your domain name request; directory path should be specified from FTP-server root;
- cgi-bin folder - directory at FTP-server, where your CGI-scripts will be located by default; directory path should be specified from FTP-server root;
- Admin E-mail - mailbox of site administrator to send your site scripts errors to;
- Server name - main domain which will open your site; important moment is that domain name specified should be located at service on which web server is being created otherwise system will not allow to use domain name as server name;
- Server alias - list of domains which will open your site except the main one; every domain name from this list should be located at service on which web server is being created as well;
- "Enable error log" option - if enabled all the web-server errors will be stored in text file at your FTP-server in logs directory;
- "Enable user log" option - if enabled all the requests to web-server will be stored in text file at your FTP-server in logs directory;
- "Enable eaccelerator" option - if enabled server will use accelerator to speed up and optimize your web site scripts;
- "Enable static content output accelerator" option - if enabled static content (jpg, mp3, avi etc.) is being processed directly without Apache web server; it increases this content output significantly;
- Index files - string of possible index files which server will be looking for in root directory on your domain request;
- "Web server encoding" and "Files encoding" options - theese specify your web site content encoding by default; if desired encoding is not in the list you can select "Disable" option and specify encoding in site code directly;
- ".htaccess" option - if enabled server will process directives specified in .htaccess file located in root directory;
- "Use FrontPage" option - allows to set up synchronization of your server and FrontPage HTML editor.
After new server is created or existing one is updated settings are not being updated instantly. It usually takes about 30 minutes for settings to take place.
In "Apache folders" sub-section you can specify special properties for some directory at your server.
Following options are available:
- Redefine pages appearing on 403 and 404 errors;
- Allow fies listing if directory index file is missing;
- Allow directory settings overriding by .htaccess file;
- Allow to execute cgi-scripts in directory;
Folder settings do not take place immediately as well as web server settings.